Tuesday 3 September 2013

Where has the time gone?!

I have realised its been ages since I have posted about Finnys Progress. I have been so busy organising the charity raffle I have had little time for anything else, especially as I have had to wait in to receive the mountain of wonderful donations to raffle off!!
On top of this I also have done a few of my KIT days at work, which surprisingly I enjoyed and it meant Finny got to spend some quality time with His Aunt, Cousin and Nanny.

So where to begin with Fin.......He is crawling... well he pulls himself along with his arms, but has been doing so since the 3rd August. We really wasn't expecting him to be on the move so quickly, he wasn't quite 6 months when he started!! He constantly gets on to all fours and rocks backwards and forwards, but so far he hasn't had the confidence and co - ordination to scoot of like that...not that it matters cos boy can he pick up some speed dragging!! My mum brought him a little ball the other day - he loves nothing more than to chase it around the lounge.

He is progressing really well with his Solids, in fact he eats anything (apart from Ellas fish pie which I found out in a cafe the other day haha). He is also doing really well with his finger foods - I'm hoping this continues and he wont be a fussy eater like I was.

Out of the blue a tooth arrived!! This also surprised me as I was convinced he would take after me in that department as I didn't have any teeth until I was well over a year old......but no one has popped through!

In the development department, I was beginning to worry as Fin was struggling to sit. I know babies develop at different rates but Fin has always had this lean and when ever he sat, he would always fall to that side. I was worried the tightness from birth was still affecting him and off-balencing him. The last few days though he has come on leaps and bounds, although he still has the odd wobble, hes almost there. I think half of it may be a 'who wants to sit when you can move' on Finnys part!!

We also took him to the park the other day and he had his first little sit in a baby swing. He really loved it, I'm hoping now hes sitting better he will enjoy it even more the next time we go!


On to Finnys Head - he is due an appointment of Friday, I cant wait, just looking at him there has been such an improvement. I have said if the regression stopped today I would be happy, Hes not perfect, and I have always said it wasn't about perfection. At this stage Fins Plagiocephaly is no longer noticeably abnormal. You cant really notice the flatness as it is rounding out nicely, he still has a slight blossom, but the other side no longer leads up to the blossom at a flat angle, can you notice it? not as much. His facial asymmetry is no longer noticeable and his ears are more in line - Which means he shouldn't have problems fitting hats, helmets and glasses if he needs them when his older. Were thrilled at this stage with his treatment and we still have another 10 weeks or so to go. I will keep you updated when we know more after his check up on Friday :)

Heidi x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin