Tuesday 1 October 2013

Resident of the Month!


I feel the like the last few weeks have merged into one big long week that has rushed by in a blink of an eye!! I have been so busy arranging stuff for our Raffle and just general life, that I cant believe its October today!!

Anyway to cut things short - I opened an email a few weeks back from a lovely lady named Jenny who advised me that Chris and I had been nominated for Eastbournes Resident of the Month for August - How Exciting - I don't think I have ever been nominated for anything in my life, so I didn't think there was going to be any chance of winning. I carried on reading and it sounded like it had been decided. I contacted Jenny who confirmed that all we needed to do was pop into Advanta (the sponsors) to get our picture taken for the Herald (Again) and we would be presented with a certificate, yes we had won!

I feel so Honoured - I never set out doing any of this for recognition. I just wanted other mums and dads to be able to have information about plagiocephaly to help them monitor and make decisions regarding their own little ones treatment options. I also wanted to ensure that we put as much money back into the charity as possible to help people who may not be as fortunate as us at raising funds. The Charity is a lifeline for families on lower incomes,  and no family should have to go without when it comes to treatment for young babies.

Last Thursday I met Chris during his lunch break and we took Little Finny into Advanta and we met Jenny and Yiotis who presented us with our certificate above!! We have also been given a meal for two at a local restaurant called Ridgeways up in Meads. I cant wait its been ages since Chris and I last went out....in fact Chris fell asleep last time in the cinema!! Haha!!

Jenny also advised us that, all winners throughout the year are put forward for Resident of the year....now that would be awesome - however I'm sure the competition are all amazing, so we will just dream for now!

H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin