Monday 5 August 2013

Photobox Photobook Review

A4 PHOTOBOOK REVIEW

So I thought I could use my blog to review and test products - to give you guys a helping hand if your considering using a service or buying a product!!

Today I will review our gorgeous A4 photobook that I ordered as a very special fathers day present for Chris.

We kept saying that we we were going to print out all our beautiful baby pictures that we had taken of Finny since he was born, but life just kept getting in the way - So I thought what a perfect present - a Photobook!


So to my Horror, there was a thousand and one sites offering their services and I just didn't know where to start. I tried a couple but I found even the logging in process was very confusing. I had heard of photobox and family and friends have used their picture printing services - so I thought I would give them a go. I have to say I found the website easy to navigate, I was able to find the section of the site i wanted straight away and I was offered my options clearly and concisely. Although at this point I was still a bit unsure whether the construction of the book was going to be easy. However I was more than happy to give it a go when a special offer popped up to save 50%!! This is one of the things I really like about this site is the amount of special offers that are always available. If they don't correspond to what you want I can guarantee, wait a few days and something will pop up!!

So onto the construction - Easy peesy, I had complete control over the whole book. There were templates that you can use and also customise or you can completely make your own. I chose to start off with the Baby boy template (obviously) Very cute with lots of browns, whites and Blues and spots, stripes and Stars along with lots of little matching graphics.


Uploading my pictures was simple and clear - and they even have simple faces to let you know if the size you want your photo is ok to go with the resolution of your picture. If you don't get all the fancy talk - basically if you upload a picture and you want it to fit the whole page and the image isn't good enough, you get a sad red face. A green smiley face lets you know all is good and a orange unemotional face - lets you know the image isn't the best but will be ok if your happy with that - if not delete it and get another.



There are many options about layouts from full sized A4 photos to up to 12 images if that's what you want and again you just select the layout for that page and add your pictures. If your not happy its so easy to go back and alter it.


You also have the options to add text to your pages - which I took advantage off and put in a few fathers day poems!


The colour schemes are pre selected ie text colour and background colours but these can easily be changed to suit.

So having a baby to look after and trying to hide what I am doing it took me a couple of days before I was happy with my final selections. It was simple to save and I was able to log back in a find my book with Ease. The preview is great and lets you see what you have created.

So I paid and was able to add my promotion code without having to hunt for the promo slot which can be really frustrating on some sites and 50% was taken off. I received all my confirmation details, estimating delivery just before fathers day.

To my surprise, I received the photobook before the time stated which for me is a bonus as I hate waiting around for things and makes a change from the usual lateness of the posties!!

I was desperate to have a peek of my book and when I opened the package I was not disappointed. The hard cover is beautiful and shiny and protects all the pages well, the book has been put together and you can see the quality just from looking at it. The photos are gorgeous and the images have come out beautifully - non of this uploading a picture only for it to print too light or dark - completely different to the image you had agreed!

All in all this book is just fantastic, we have comments about it all the time and its a keepsake for our little boy that is going to last forever . I would highly recommend photobox to anyone who is considering purchasing a photobook - we will definitely be using them again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin