Friday 17 January 2014

REVIEW: Koo-di Bath Tap Protector


Manufacturer Description: 

(item code: KD604) 
  • Protect your baby from scalding themselves on a hot tap
  • Helps prevent against bumps
  • Soft yet durable cover fits securely on most single taps or mixer taps
  • Heat spots change colour to indicate temperature
  • Easy to fit and use
  • Made from Phthalate free PVC
  • Mildew resistant
  • Dimensions: 130 x 102 x 102 mm 
Review:

When the Bath Protector arrived, I thought Brilliant, what a fantastic Idea. This again is in Koo-di's Polka dot design. Its a great innovative idea that solves the problem of hot taps and bumps on the head! The item itself is a littler larger than I expected, but this isn't a problem and when I say larger its hardly that large, I think I was just expecting something smaller. It slips easily over your tap, with a star shaped flexi - grip. It also has a large hole allowing water to run through, enabling you to keep it on the taps as you run the bath.



Now, the protect has a beautiful bright red end, which I thought was like a nose (Rudolf and all that, must have had xmas heavily engrained on my mind), and really this teaches me that I should really read the packaging properly!!
This red patch is heat sensitive, Its great!!! As the water gets hotter, the red begins to fade, and the word 'HOT' appears (now as I didn't read it, I thought the colour was running off Haha I make myself laugh sometimes). I think this is perfect, especially when teaching older babies about not to touch hot things!

 

The only issue I had with this protector is it did not stay on my tap properly, which makes me sad. A small nudge and it would fall off. However I believe this is entirely down to the shape of my tap, which slants downwards. If your taps are straight, then do not let this put you off, this is a great little product, however if your taps have a slant to them, do air with caution as you may have similar issues to me!

Tap protector saving a bump or two!
Overall though, I love this product, the design and the heat sensitive end really is a new idea that really makes this product stand out and if like Finny, your little ones are insistent of sitting right next to the tap no matter how many times you move then - this product really could be for you! I just wish we had a different Tap - Thumbs Up!

The Tap Protector can be Purchased on the Koo-di website at £9.99.


 Rating: (only 3 due to the fact it didn't stay put)



 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Webmaster,

    Please remove my comment from this blog.

    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really nice to hear. thank you for the update and good luck.
    Kitchen Taps

    ReplyDelete

Follow my blog with Bloglovin